28 March 2010

Alicia from ComEd

After calling a few times and not finding me at home or in my office, I receive a call from Alicia at ComEd's Bellwood office on 17 March 2010 and she's calling to schedule an appointment to install our new Smart Meter.


She's only doing her job, but she's calling on the 17th and practically demands that I allow them to do the meter swap the next day.  I explain to her that that's not convenient and will have to have time to plan to take equipment off-line and arrange to be home.  After babbling something non-intelligible into her phone I tell her that I have the following Tuesday, 24 March, in the afternoon available and she trys to schedule the appointment for 10:00 AM.


I explain to her that I had already indicated to her I would not be available until the afternoon and ask what time she has available after 1:00 PM.  She begrudgingly agrees to set an appointment for 2:00 PM and tells me they will see me then . . .  


I've written down her phone number from the caller ID display, and can always go back to my Vonage logs and look it up, so I now have an actual person who can make decisions and I can contact if there are problems with the scheduled time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment